Lisa M. Weimer
Lisa received her M.S. in Biology from George Mason University (thesis,
1998). She has been working at the USGS since 1996, on the Terrestrial
Ecosystems Project for south Florida, documenting the changes in the
vegetational record pre- and post-human intervention in the region. Lisa also
has examined the pollen record in cores from the Chesapeake Bay and is
beginning to interpret the diatoms preserved in these sediments.
Work in Progress
- Weimer, L.M., in preparation,
- Taylor Slough, Dade Co., Florida: a vegetational history. Masters thesis.
- Willard, D.A., and Weimer, L.M., in
- Pollen Atlas of Water Conservation Area 2A, Florida.
- Willard, D.A., Holmes, C.W., Murray, J.B., Orem, W.H., and
Weimer, L.M., in preparation
- Biotic and geochemical changes in the South Florida ecosystems over the
last two millennia.
U.S. Geological Survey
926A National Center
Reston, VA 20192
FAX: (703) 648-6953
Pollen | Fossil
Groups | Products |
USGS Paleontology |
Geologic Information |
USGS Home |
Search USGS |